Many people are extremely frivolous about discomfort in the abdominal cavity, completely ignoring them or self-medicating. It is categorically impossible to do this, because even slight pain can be a manifestation of a terrible ailment. It is worth explaining in more detail about the causes of uterine cramps and how to get rid of them.
Why stomach ache
Periodically, people may feel discomfort that does not pose a danger to life. The abdomen is able to get sick as a result of eating too salty, cold, overheated foods, fatty foods that contain a lot of cholesterol. Cramps can cause intolerance to certain foods. These phenomena are not cause for concern. Causes of abdominal pain, dangerous for the body:
- circulatory problems;
- infectious diseases;
- problems of the digestive tract;
- a number of diseases of the spine, nervous system;
- toxicosis and intoxication;
Sometimes such pains accompanied by diarrhea cause a sharp dehydration of the body and a general deterioration of the patient’s condition, which is why he is taken to a hospital. If a person cuts his stomach and even upset, this indicates:
- Foodborne Toxic Infection. Symptoms arise and worsen rapidly. Continuous vomiting, very high fever are characteristic.
- Infection with parasites. With some types of invasion, there will be blood impurities in the stool.
- Salmonellosis. The symptoms are accompanied by severe nausea and incessant vomiting. The disease begins abruptly and develops rapidly.
- Acclimatization. There is loose stool (up to 15 times per day) and cramping pain.
- Dysentery. Blood and mucus clots appear in the feces, stool up to 18 times per day. The temperature rises a lot.
- Typhoid fever. Stomach aches and diarrhea with general malaise. The patient is pale; a rash appears on his stomach.
- The body’s reactions to the use of antibiotics and other tablets. When using certain medicines, the stool becomes profuse and watery.
- Alcohol poisoning.
- Appendicitis. The pain increases gradually, localized below.
- Cholecystitis. Severe cramping in the right hypochondrium. Human skin becomes yellow.
- Pancreatitis The upper abdomen, back hurts.
- Ectopic pregnancy or inflammation of the appendages.
- Intestinal flu. The disease begins abruptly. It is characterized by muscle pain, weakness, a frequent pulse. Additional symptoms may be a runny nose, fear of light.
Its origin is clearly defined, that is, a person immediately points to the area of the body that gives him the most torment. What causes acute abdominal pain:
- severe damage to internal organs;
- toxic infections;
- acute intestinal infections;
- diseases of the organs of the chest, kidneys, genitals.
An acute abdomen is a condition that occurs with diseases that require urgent medical attention:
- rupture of the fallopian tube, twisting the legs of the cyst in women;
- infringement of a hernia;
- perforation of a stomach ulcer;
- rupture of the peritoneal organs as a result of trauma;
- intestinal vascular thrombosis, acute obstruction.
Cramps in the stomach
Often accompanied by a lack of appetite and nausea. Diarrhea and stomach pain inform, in most cases, of exacerbations of an ulcer or gastritis. Discomfort occurs in the upper and middle abdomen. Pain can also be psychological stressful in nature. Colic in the stomach can be a sign of oncology or polyps – accumulations of cells on the inner walls of an organ.
An accurate diagnosis can only be made by a specialist, however, there are a number of diseases for which such symptoms are more characteristic. Severe abdominal pain and diarrhea are noted with:
- Intestinal infections. Strong pain in fits. Body temperature rises, general weakness is observed, dizzy.
- Gastric ulcer or 12 duodenal ulcer. As a rule, severe discomfort begins after eating.
- Crohn’s disease. The inflammatory process of the small intestine, then passing to the remaining areas. An additional symptom is increased gas formation. When the disease progresses, a person constantly has frequent bowel movements (up to 30 times a day).
- Food poisoning. After something of poor quality has entered the body, the condition worsens after two to three hours. May vomit, open vomiting (profuse).
Pain to the left of the navel
There are many organs in this area whose pathologies can lead to spasms. Abdominal pain to the left of the navel begins due to:
- Malignant tumor of the parts of the intestine located on the left.
- Stretching or rupture of the abdominal aorta. Accompanied by spasms of the abdomen, back.
- Diverticulitis. The disease is characteristic of people of retirement age.
- Bowel obstruction.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Ectopic pregnancy in the left tube, cyst, rupture of the ovary, endometriosis.
- Inversion of the sigmoid colon.
- Hernias. If the pathology formed on the left, then a bulge will appear in this zone, there will be a burning sensation.
- Diseases of the stomach: gastritis, pylorospasm, ulcers, gastroduodenitis.
- Spleen disease.
- Peptic ulcer, pseudomembrane or ischemic colitis.
It hurts below the belly button
As a rule, a symptom informs about colon ailments or pathologies of the female genital organs. Pain below the navel is likely with:
- ischemic condition of the intestine;
- intestinal arteriosclerosis (accompanied by atonic constipation);
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- genital oncology;
- abdominal aortic aneurysm;
- uterine fibroma.
Stomach and diarrhea
The list of diseases for which this symptom is characteristic is very extensive. A person often has a stomachache and diarrhea with problems with the digestive system. All types of gastritis and ulcers can cause this phenomenon. In the presence of stomach cramps, it is imperative to undergo an examination to exclude oncology. Sometimes dull pain occurs after overeating or, conversely, excessively long starvation. May have a stressful origin, although rarely.
It hurts around the belly button
The reason for this phenomenon is problematic to determine. Among the possible options for why a person hurts around the navel, the following can be distinguished:
- enteritis, especially with exacerbations;
- intestinal ischemia;
- abdominal migraine (more often in adolescents);
- small bowel cancer;
- umbilical hernia;
- inversion of the small intestine;
- viral gastroenteritis.
Lower abdomen hurts and diarrhea
These symptoms in most cases indicate poisoning by food or chemicals. As a rule, a person not only hurts the lower abdomen and diarrhea, but also a fever rises, vomiting opens, perspiration appears. If relief does not occur during the day, then it is imperative to see a doctor. Other (less common) causes of diarrhea and abdominal pain below:
- autoimmune pathology;
- infection (viral or bacterial);
- bowel disease;
Abdominal pain on the right
This symptom has many causes. The origin of abdominal pain on the right is able to say about:
- Crohn’s disease;
- exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis;
- ulcerative colitis;
- intestinal infections.
Twirls the stomach and diarrhea
This phenomenon is very common. If a person twists his stomach and diarrhea, then this probably indicates:
- food allergies, especially dairy products;
- binge eating;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- Crohn’s disease;
- the presence of parasites in the body;
- ulcer of the rectum or colon;
- bowel cancer.
Cramping and diarrhea
Unpleasant sensations in the small intestine begin, gradually intensifying and capturing the entire organ, even the anus can hurt. Abdominal cramps and diarrhea are caused by irritation as a result of:
- diseases of the stomach, pancreas;
- intestinal obstruction;
- the presence of worms in the body;
- stressful condition;
- bacterial lesions of the intestine.
Sharp pain and diarrhea
Sudden unpleasant sensations appear as a result of many pathologies. The real reason for the feeling of sharp abdominal pain and diarrhea should be discussed, focusing on additional symptoms:
- An increase in temperature, the presence of mucus in the feces, fever. As a rule, this symptomatology indicates a viral infection: salmonellosis, dysentery, typhoid fever.
- High temperature and sharp pain in the navel. If these symptoms accompany diarrhea, then the person most likely has appendicitis or a hernia. Perhaps stones have come from the kidneys.
Abdominal pain in a child
It is more difficult to diagnose a small patient than an adult. As a rule, children are not able to accurately describe the nature of spasms, their localization, strength. Abdominal pain in a child with diarrhea should not be treated independently, you must visit a doctor who will determine the exact cause of the disease. It is worthwhile to talk more about which ailments in the presence of the agreed symptoms are diagnosed more often than others.
Sometimes this way the body responds to the use of certain foods, for example, unwashed fruits. However, if the baby has a temperature and a stomachache, it can tell about such ailments:
- intestinal infection;
- peritonitis (more often in girls);
- acute diverticulitis.
Kids complain less about discomfort in this area. If the child has a lower abdominal pain, you need to make sure that:
- intestinal infection;
- intolerance to a number of products;
- cystitis (especially in girls);
- lower abdomen can pull due to problems in the genitals;
- intestinal obstruction.
Diagnosing a disease in such crumbs is the most difficult. If the baby has a stomach ache, this is caused by:
- the introduction of complementary foods;
- intolerance to lactose, gluten;
- surgical pathologies;
- cystic fibrosis.
What to do with diarrhea
Based on additional symptoms, you should decide whether to see a doctor. In some cases, diarrhea can be defeated without the help of a specialist. What to do with diarrhea:
- Drink plenty of fluids so your body doesn’t get dehydrated. You can take the drug for rehydration.
- Take absorbent drugs. Activated charcoal or a similar drug is suitable. The medicine absorbs toxins and removes them from the body. A solution of potassium permanganate has a similar effect.
- Watch for food, do not eat what can cause diarrhea.
- You can take probiotics with bifidobacteria or lactobacilli.
- Try folk remedies for diarrhea: tincture of walnuts, soaked black bread, potato starch, diluted in water, a decoction of oak bark.