The human body is often the habitat of various parasites. Located in the internal organs, they become a cause of malaise and serious illness. There are such varieties of worms that almost do not affect the well-being of a person. Others can be deadly. Symptoms of the presence of a parasite in the human body are diverse, depending on the type and localization of the pathogen.
What parasites live in the human body
There are more than 60 types of parasitic organisms dangerous to humans. They can live inside the human body, such as pinworms, and outside (lice). The most common parasites are giardia, pinworms, echinococcus.
Giardia enters the body thanks to unwashed hands, fruits or vegetables. It belongs to the class of flagella and have microscopic dimensions. Sometimes their presence goes unnoticed, as there are no significant changes or damage.
Hookworm can be easily picked up if you walk barefoot on the ground. Infection will manifest as skin irritation, rash on the legs. The parasite can get into the internal organs, and then acts like roundworms.
Pinworm prefers a childish body. She lives in the small and large intestines, causing a child’s appetite deterioration, increased fatigue, irritation in the anus. The parasite lays eggs in linen and skin folds. It penetrates the body through dirty hands, transmitted by children through toys, dishes, underwear.
Pork and bovine chains are infected through raw or not well processed meat. Especially dangerous are tapeworm larvae that can reach the eyes and brain. Adult tapeworm is able to live 20 years, while reaching 7 meters in length.
A person receives toxocaras from cats or dogs. The eggs of these parasites, growing up to 30 centimeters in the adult state, enter the soil together with the animal feces. They can remain viable in it for many years. Then, through dirty hands or objects dirty in the ground, eggs can enter the body that they do not leave. Inside a person, they easily spread through organs and systems.
Echinococcus or alveococcus can be infected by animals. Another option for infection is the use of unwashed vegetables and berries. Larvae, through blood vessels spreading throughout the body, are especially dangerous. They can cause cysts to form in:
- the brain;
- lymphatic system;
Roundworms are more common in humans than any other parasite. The source of infection are unwashed hands, dirty water, soil. Inside a person, roundworm can reach a length of about 40 centimeters, penetrating the liver, brain, capillaries, lungs, eyes, intestinal mucosa. The food for roundworms is the nutrients needed by the human body, red blood cells. The result of the presence of worms are:
- digestive system problems;
- neurodermatitis, asthma, cramps or arthritis (in the lungs, skin);
- temperature increase.
Close in its manifestations, the ribbon is wide – it enters a person through raw fish. The parasite can grow up to ten meters in length, twisting inside a person. When infection occurs:
- stomach pains;
- nausea (especially in the morning).
Signs of parasites in the body
The appearance on the skin of spots or its coarsening, early wrinkles and baldness, acne should alert. Cracks in the heels, problems with the nails are indirect symptoms of parasites in the body. These may be Trichomonas, Giardia. Any infection affects the functioning of the immune system, which can manifest itself as a sore throat, inflammation of the sinuses, and unexpected snoring.
In men, signs may be cystitis, prostatitis, sand and stones inside the bladder and kidneys, adenoma, impotence. Infection with certain parasites can lead to brain damage and affect subsequent generations. In women, manifestations of microorganisms may include:
- pain during menstruation;
- violation of the cycle;
- inflammation of the ovaries;
- fibrocystic mastopathy;
- inflammation of the adrenal glands;
- kidney and bladder problems;
Pinworms can lead to appendicitis, opisthorchiasis parasites cause pancreatitis or biliary dyskinesia. Ankylostomids caught in the lungs of larvae can create the appearance of pneumonia. The effect of the presence of dangerous organisms can look like bronchitis or tonsillitis. There are signs in which you can suspect infection:
- sudden change in weight;
- unexpected skin problems;
- feeling of constant fatigue;
- frequent or constant unpleasant sensation inside the stomach or intestines;
- poor sleep and general restlessness;
Symptoms of parasites in humans
The main signs of infection are very diverse. It:
- Constipation. Worms, reaching considerable size, are able to block the intestinal and bile ducts and interfere with normal bowel movements.
- Diarrhea. Some microorganisms release substances that lead to liquefaction of feces. Watery stools are often not a sign of upset stomach, but the presence of uninvited guests in the body.
- Flatulence and bloating. Worms found inside the small intestine cause inflammation. Prolonged bloating may be a symptom of the presence of parasites in the human body.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. Parasites lead to the fact that fat begins to be absorbed worse, it becomes a lot in the feces. Constipation, diarrhea, and cramping occur.
- Pain in the muscles and joints. Some microorganisms prefer to settle in the muscles and fluid of the joints. Their presence causes pain similar to arthritis. In fact, they are caused by inflammation as an attempt by the immune system to expel worms or tissue damage through their fault.
- Allergic reactions. Vital products can cause a reaction from the immune system, forced to produce more protective eosinophil cells. A large number of them leads to inflammation, followed by an allergic reaction.
- Rashes on the skin. The presence of worms will cause rashes on the skin, eczema. Parasitic protozoa lead to dermatitis, papillomas, skin ulcers.
- Anemia. Once in the intestines, worms attach to the mucous membrane and live off of the nutrients of the person. Parasites such as Trichomonas, which feed on blood cells, can multiply, cause significant blood loss, and cause anemia.
- Excess weight or its lack. Fullness is a sign that parasites consume glucose or poison their waste products. Lack of weight indicates metabolic disorders.
- Increased irritability and irritability. Vital products are toxins for the human body and affect the nervous system, a person often becomes depressed, feels constant irritation, these manifestations are symptoms of parasites in the body.
- Sleep disturbances. At night, worms can exit through the anus, causing irritation.
- Tooth rattle in a dream. Often found in sleeping children, it is a reaction of the nervous system to toxic effects.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. It is accompanied by signs similar to flu, a lack of desire to act, leads to a deterioration in memory. All this indicates a lack of nutrients, intoxication.
- Immune Disorders The actions of microorganisms lead to a weakening of immunity, which causes allergic reactions and favors the entry of infections.
- Oncological diseases. If parasites are inside the body for a long time, then this leads to damage to tissues and organs. There may be inflammation, a lack of substances necessary for the body. This plus a serious disruption of the immune system – a frequent background for the occurrence of cancer.
- Airway inflammation. Some parasites are able to move around the body. Having reached the respiratory tract, they cause symptoms such as a runny nose, cough, fever. Even asthma or pneumonia can be caused by their action.
In the heart
Some helminths, such as roundworms and echinococcus, can actively move through the body with a blood stream. When they reach the heart, they can cause myocarditis. Signs of damage to this organ will appear in a week, a maximum of four months. Pain in the heart, arrhythmias, shortness of breath appear.
Under the skin
Dirofilaria is a helminth that can live under the skin. A person becomes infected with mosquitoes. Subcutaneous parasites carry the Morgellon virus, which is dangerous for people with weakened immune systems. These diseases have a similar manifestation, expressed in compaction under the skin. If you push it, it starts to move, which indicates the presence of one or more worms.
With myiasis of the eyelids, boils appear on the skin, caused by the presence of larvae that provoke inflammation. Often a person feels their movement. Disease options:
- Ophthalmomyasis is common in tropical regions of the planet. Insect larvae make their way under the skin, reach the conjunctiva, lacrimal sac, and enter the orbit. Their actions can cause damage to the eye.
- Conjunctival larval granuloma occurs when a larva makes its way under the mucous membrane, which leads to inflammation. As a rule, the parasite is removed surgically.
- Creeping myiasis looks like gradually lengthening lines on the skin.
- Larval conjunctivitis occurs when larvae, which female cavity gadfly eject on the fly, enter the conjunctival sac. This forms an ulcer on the cornea.
- Intraocular lesions are rare and are provoked by larvae of gadfly rodents or cattle.
In the stomach
More often worms live in this organ. They poison the human body by releasing toxic substances. Signs of the presence of worms are the smell of urine, unpleasant breathing, lack of bowel movement, lack of appetite and low weight. Such symptoms of the presence of parasites in the human body should not be ignored, because these dangerous signs can lead to more devastating consequences.
Parasites that live in the blood can live both in red blood cells and in plasma and white blood cells. Types of pests:
- Mansonela is a worm that can grow up to 8 centimeters. Causes dizziness, headaches and joint pain, fever, skin problems, numbness in the legs.
- Hemosporidia are single-celled, living in red blood cells.
- Trypanosomes are unicellular, causing Chagas disease and sleeping sickness.
- Malarial plasmodium.
Prevention of infection is an attempt to avoid contact with himself or his carriers. You can do a regular check and cleanse the body. But to avoid this is difficult, because some parasites can enter the body through the bare parts of the legs. Analyzes and verification of the body will not be superfluous, especially if there are suspicions of their presence.