Problems with the gastrointestinal tract fundamentally alter a person’s eating behavior. And this is understandable, because he was in acute pain, so far he did not want to, could not refuse his favorite dish, but also completely lost his appetite. However, food can harm the patient even more. This will help get rid of the acute symptoms of diseases and once again feel the joy of life. Today we look at in detail what should be a diet for stomach ulcers.
Diet for stomach ulcers – the most important direction of therapy
Food, of course, significantly affects our health. Properly prepared diet can accelerate the healing of ulcers and prevent the development of complications. Therefore, anyone who is faced with a similar disease, you need to know how to eat properly with a stomach ulcer. Of course, the diet does not replace the treatment, but without a dietary supply, drug therapy will not be effective.
In an ulcer, the integrity of the mucous membrane is impaired; therefore, digestion, accompanied by the secretion of hydrochloric acid, causes a lot of pain. What kind of diet for stomach ulcers will help alleviate the symptoms and bring healing closer?
The main purpose of nutrition – to promote the speedy closure of the ulcer. However, this process is long, and if with the first signs of relief the patient returns to the products that provoke the progress of the disease, the ulcer will not keep you waiting. To avoid this, the diet should become a way of life for a few months or even years.
How to eat with stomach ulcers
What not to do is to starve, because then the acid begins to corrode the stomach walls even more, which only aggravates the course of the disease. Therefore, be sure to adhere to the prescribed diet gastroenterologist, avoiding the feeling of hunger and discomfort.
What should I eat for stomach ulcers? Axioms can be summarized as follows:
- Food should not contribute to irritation of the mucous membranes and increase the acidity of gastric juice.
- It is necessary to consume only easily digestible food in a liquid, shabby, crushed form, chewing it slowly.
- Hot and cold foods are prohibited because they interfere with enzyme formation and slow down the recovery of the mucous membrane. The best temperature is from 26 to 33 degrees.
- You need to eat small portions with breaks of no more than 3 hours. The regularity of nutrition is determined by the severity of the condition and ranges from 5 to 8 times a day.
- Drinking mode – from 1.5 to 2 liters per day.
It is interesting. The first medical diet for patients with gastric ulcer was developed by Michael Pevzner, the founder of clinical gastroenterology and nutrition.
It is proved that the diet directly affects the nature of the course of the disease. Therefore, strict adherence to the recommendations of a nutritionist is the key to recovery. A diet for people with a stomach ulcer is called “table number 1.” Let’s look at the basics of this diet.