Acute stomach pain is one of the most common symptoms, which indicates the presence of acute and chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. To diagnose the disease, specialists determine the nature of the pain, its intensity, the area of development of painful symptoms.
Acute stomach pains appear not only with disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. With this symptom, problems with the kidneys, liver and other organs are diagnosed. If the patient is concerned about acute pain in the stomach, the method of treatment depends on the patient’s condition. Specialists resort to the following treatment options:
- Folk methods;
- Drug treatment;
- In advanced cases, surgery.
Symptoms that may accompany intestinal pain
Acute stomach pains are often accompanied by a number of other symptoms. Patients often complain about:
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (constipation or diarrhea);
- Lack of appetite;
- The appearance of blood impurities in the feces;
- Night pains and flatulence;
- Temperature increase;
- Bad breath;
- Drastic weight loss;
- Heartburn, bloating.
What are the causes of persistent stomach pain
Constant pain in the stomach often indicates the presence of gastrointestinal disease. Therefore, the causes of painful sensations can be:
- Pancreatitis With pancreatitis, the patient feels a sharp pain in the upper abdomen. Pain syndromes intensify after eating.
- Duodenal ulcer,
- Gastritis. Pain appears on an empty stomach and after eating. The cause of gastritis is the irritation of the mucous membrane.
- Food poisoning. It is accompanied by nausea and vomiting, frustration, dizziness and headache.
- Stomach cancer. The patient has vomiting with bloody impurities, rapid weight loss, bad breath.
Other causes of acute stomach pain:
Wrong food intake. The appearance of cutting pains after eating is a characteristic phenomenon for those who eat junk food. With improper nutrition, a large amount of gastric juice is produced, and the metabolism in the body is disturbed. You should avoid the use of fatty, flour, sweet, alcohol.
- Internal injuries.
- Physical exercise. Sports should be done after consulting a specialist.
- Allergy. With allergies, patients experience acute pain in the stomach.
- Infections. With infections of the gastrointestinal tract, the main symptom is acute pain in the stomach.
In addition to acute pain, patients experience:
- sharp pain in the stomach;
- dull pain in the stomach;
- aching pain in the stomach.
Sharp stomach pains appear due to the production of gastric juice and irritation of the damaged gastric mucosa. Sometimes the disease develops into gastritis and duodenal ulcer.
Dull stomach pains occur with chronic gastritis. The pain has a pulling character, occurs after eating. With dull pain, patients are diagnosed with duodenitis. Duodenitis is an inflammation of the duodenal mucosa. Pathology manifests itself in all age categories. Acute and chronic duodenitis are classified.
Aching stomach pains occur when bacteria appear in the body. These include infectious diseases. An improperly composed diet, the use of harmful foods, chronic gastritis affects the aching pains. Pains of this nature appear in the daytime and at night.